Friday, January 29, 2010

HOLA!
okay so it has been a week now and i am absolutely loving it :] i live in the PRETTIEST place. i walk across a bridge every morning to school while the sun is rising (if it is not raining) hehe. i have an amazing roommate. we have lots of laughs together. my senora is absolutely amazing. she is like a little grandma! it is so great! she wont let me go to bed with my hair wet or walk around without my slippers on!!!! hahah!! anyway she cooks amazing food... i have never had this much chicken in my life, but that is okay :] anyway my teacher is amazing and there are only 3 other people in my class! we are only allowed to speak spanish in my school and my friends that i hangout with are advanced and intermediate so i am pushed (which i love the challenge) to speak spanish all the time! we try to speak all the time! i love it. so i have made it through the first week. everyday we have come across lots of new things... like um random little cafes, wonderful parks, fun little streets to explore, getting lost is really fun, meeting nice spaniards, and so much more!!!! people here are mostly friendly but you stick out so they dont give you a chance to speak spanish which is a bummer but i try anyway :] well i will update you soon!!!! love ya!

3 comments:

Jon said...

Hey Kat! Its great to hear from you and see you blog! Tell us about your class - is it just a Spanish class or are you taking other courses as well. Then the food - you know me, its all about the food. Then the night life, do you hang out with Spanish students? :)

Jon said...

This is Tammy by the way... not Jon :)

kat said...

OH HEY!!! okay yes i am just taking a spanish class :] i will be like up to 4 spanish classes by the time i get back home! i change every 4 weeks or so? it is so fun!!! and then the food... everything is with OLIVE OIL! it is great and lots of fruits and vegetables. i love it. my senora (isabel) makes me more chicken than a farm owns but it is so good! we eat lots and lots of potatoes like homemade french fries! and salads with olive oil and vinigear as the dressing :] and lots of SEAFOOD :] YUM!!! and paella... which is like rice and veggies and so many other randoms things put in it lol! um lots of soups too :] it is all good!!! i will try to get pictures of food! but no brownies :[ it is sad lol